Mission: I am dedicated to promoting books, articles, videos, ideas, research, and excellent audio content in martial (military) studies. I see military studies ranging from tactics on the battlefield to national strategy. Additionally, it is important to study art, politics, philosophy, economics, sociology, psychology, and a range of subject in order to develop one’s mind.
- Leadership. Provide thoughtful insights and analysis to shape future military leaders and planners.
- Information. Be a resource for the best books and ideas to help shape intelligent martial thinking.
- Civil-Military Engagement. Help civilians gain a better understanding of the military and military thinking.
- History. Recognize that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat the mistakes. I am committed to learning history.
Resources (a short list):
- The Marine Corps Commandant’s Reading List.
- Former Secretary of Defense and retired General James Mattis (USMC-R) put out a reading list when he was CENTCOMM Commander, here is the list published in the Small Wars Journal. Another reading list published on Task and Purpose, it is a list of 30 books recommended for military leaders. Additionally, Goodreads published a list of 76 books recommended by Mattis.